Horan Nets 50th Career Double-Double
CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting Marymount downed host Washington College, 3-0 (25-17, 25-17, 25-12), on Wednesday night at the Cain Athletic Center in a non-conference volleyball match. In the loss, senior setter Taylor Horan (San Diego, Calif./Point Loma) notched her 50th career double-double with 20 assists and 10 digs, both team-highs.
Marymount 3 Washington College 0 (25-17, 25-17, 25-12)
How It Happened
- Trailing 16-15 in the first set, the Saints went on a 10-1 run to finish the set and win by eight. An assisted block by Alexa Marcum and Miranda Cooksey gave the guests the lead for good at 17-16 and an ace by Theresa Buscemi ended the first.
- Marymount was down 9-6 in the second set before going on a 6-1 run to take control of the set at 12-10 on a Mykael Johnson finisher. The Saints, who outscored the Shorewomen 13-7 the rest of the set, clinched the set on a Myah Cordery ace.
- In the third and final set, the Saints scored four of the first five points on their way to a 13-point win in the third set. Maggie Munro ended the contest with a kill from Maggie Viniard.
For Marymount (8-8)
- Emily Abramaitis (nine kills and match-topping 11 digs), Viniard (match-highs of 29 assists and three service aces)
- Team hit .237, served 10 aces and had three blocks on the night.
For The Shorewomen (13-6)
- Horan (20 assists and 10 digs for 50th career double-double), Lizzie Baden (nine kills and hit .318)
- WC hit .114 in the match, tallied two aces and scored four blocks.
- Baden was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Match at the end of the broadcast.
10/7: @ Dickinson – 12:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Match)