Utchen Records Her 1,500th All-Time Dig
CARLISLE, Pa. – Host Dickinson downed visiting Washington College on Saturday afternoon, 3-1 (25-20, 25-20, 21-25, 25-20), in a Centennial Conference volleyball match at the Kline Center. For the Shorewomen, senior libero Audrey Utchen (San Ramon, Calif./Monte Vista) tallied her 1,500th career dig as she now has 1,511 in her career.
Dickinson 3 Washington College 1 (25-20, 25-20, 21-25, 25-20)
How It Happened
- Dickinson hit .205 on its way to a five-point win the first set.
- In the second set, the Shorewomen led 16-11 before the Red Devils went on a 14-4 run to close the set and win by five.
- The Shorewomen sent the match to a fourth set with a four-point win.
- Dickinson clinched the match with a 25-20 win in the fourth set as the hosts hit .297.
For The Shorewomen (9-11, 1-5 CC)
- Utchen (25 digs to lead team), Amy Rohn (10 digs), Kaitlyn Marino (15 kills to lead team), Sarah Bentley (10 digs), Taylor Horan (38 assists to lead all players and 13 digs for double-double), Alaina Geissberger (four blocks to lead all players)
- Geissberger factored into four of the Shorewomen's seven blocks in the match.
For Dickinson (10-10, 3-4 CC)
- Erin Bongo (14 kills and 16 digs), Norma Jean Park (16 kills to lead all players), Jaqueline Banker (11 digs and three aces), Lauren Ahern (11 digs and three aces), Arielle Mizrok (match-best 32 digs), Alex Berezin (28 assists to lead Red Devils), Leah Guzick (17 assists)
- Dickinson had two blocks.
- The Red Devils hit .205 or better in all three of their set wins.
- Ahern and Banker had three aces to lead all players as Dickinson had nine aces as a team.
- Horan tallied her 11th double-double of the season.
10/19 @ Ursinus – 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)
- Shorewomen topped Ursinus last season in four sets and has won the prior three meetings.
- Washington has won four straight over the Bears.