Kowalski Sets Career-High With Match-Best 13 Kills
ARLINGTON, Va. – Host Marymount downed visiting Washington College, 3-0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-15), on Wednesday evening at Verizon Sports Arena in non-conference volleyball action. The Saints improve to 7-4 on the season while the Shorewomen drop to 5-2.
Marymount 3 Washington College 0 Marymount (25-18, 25-18, 25-15)
How It Happened
- In the first set, Washington led 14-11 before Marymount went on a 14-4 run to win the set by seven. The Saints used a 7-0 run to take control of the set to lead 18-14.
- The Saints jumped out to a 15-5 lead before the Shorewomen responded with a 12-7 run to cut the lead to 22-17 before Marymount scored three of the final four points to win the set.
- Marymount raced out to an 8-1 lead in the third and final set on its way to a 10-point win.
For Marymount (7-4)
- Christine Tieman (13 assists), Caroline Hanson (13 assists and three aces), Theresa Buscemi (11 digs and three aces), Ashton Walker (contest-best five blocks)
- Saints hit .211 in the win.
- The Shorewomen and Saints have played every year since 2008.
9/17 at Bryn Mawr – 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference opener)
- Shorewomen swept Bryn Mawr last season in Chestertown.
- Home team has won each of the last 10 matches.