ALLENTOWN, Pa. — Host Muhlenberg College hit .309 as a team en route to a 25-11, 25-18, 25-11, Centennial Conference volleyball victory over visiting Washington College this afternoon.
Muhlenberg 3, Washington College 0 (25-11, 25-18, 25-11)
How It Happened
- Muhlenberg scored the first five points of the first set and never looked back en route to the 25-11 set win.
- The Mules held a 13-6 lead in the second set before a 6-1 Washington run trimmed the margin to 14-12. Muhlenberg responded by scoring the next five points to open up a 19-12 advantage on a block by Sarah Weyhmuller and Katherine Boll. The Mules led by at least five points the rest of the way in the 25-18 win.
- The Shorewomen's first lead in any set came when an attack error by Muhlenberg's Allison Glass gave them a 4-3 lead in the third set. The Mules then scored the next 10 points in a row, building a 13-4 lead. Washington never threatened after that as the Mules closed things out with a 25-11 third-set win.
For the Shorewomen (11-6, 1-2 Centennial)
- Taylor Horan had 16 assists and 11 digs.
- Kristin Lee led the Shorewomen in kills with seven and added 12 digs.
- Audrey Utchen's 13 digs were a team-best.
For Muhlenberg (12-5, 3-2 Centennial)
- Boll had 12 kills against just one error in 18 attempts.
- Shannon Hubert closed in on a triple-double with 34 assists, eight kills, and eight digs.
- Allison Glass added 13 kills and 13 digs, while Chelsea Kaser piled up 21 digs.
- Muhlenberg had 50 kills as a team and just 12 errors in 123 attempts.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/6 @ Swarthmore - 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)