Shorewomen Go Combined 15-10 in Singles & Doubles Play
SWARTHMORE, Pa. — The Washington College women's tennis team competed at the Swarthmore Invitational, hosted by Swarthmore College, yesterday and today. The Shorewomen went 11-6 in singles and 6-4 in doubles at the tournament, playing against student-athletes from Swarthmore, Haverford, and La Salle.
- Alisha White went 2-0 for the Shorewomen in singles, including a 6-4, 7-5, win over Haverford's Emily Shutman, the Fords' No. 1 singles player last season.
- Ella Samer (3-0) and Cecilia Cress (2-0) were also unbeaten in singles. Samer rallied to defeat Haverford's Isa Cossio, 5-7, 6-1, 10-8, in her first singles match and then won her next two singles matches in straight sets. Cress won both of her matches in straight sets.
- Marin Vander Schaaf went 1-1 in singles play, Irene Meng and Bin Nguyen each went 1-2, and Riley Katzman went 0-1.
- Katzman and Vander Schaaf went 1-1 in doubles. Katzman also played with Nguyen for one doubles match, also a victory.
- Samer and White won their only doubles match together, while Samer and Cress went 1-1. Meng and Nguyen went 1-1, while Meng and Vander Schaaf lost their only doubles match together. Samer and White's win was an 8-7(3) victory over Shutman and Clara Farrehi of Haverford.
9/21-23 @ ITA Southeast Regionals (hosted by Mary Washington)