Short-Handed Shorewomen Drop Just Two Games Across Seven Contested Matches
WESTMINSTER, Md. — Despite having just five players available for the match, visiting Washington College easily cruised to a 7-2 win over host McDaniel in a Centennial Conference women's tennis match today in Westminster, Md.
Washington College 7, McDaniel 2
- With only five players available, the Shorewomen defaulted at No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles for a 2-0 lead before the match began.
- The Shorewomen won at No. 1 and No. 2 doubles by identical 8-0 scores. Alisha White and Ella Samer won against Michelle Addo and Lia Posatko at No. 1, while Cecilia Cress and Sarah Bruno defeated Rachael Hartley and Reaiah Rutherford at No. 2.
- White was a 6-0, 6-1, winner over Addo at No. 1.
- Samer shut out Postako at No. 2, Cress blanked Hartley at No. 3, and Bruno blanked Rutherford at No. 4 all by 6-0, 6-0, scores.
- Hayley Sanchez rounded things out with a 6-1, 6-0, win over Mollie Riner at No. 5.
- The Shorewomen improved to 6-7 overall and 4-4 in conference matches with the win. The Green Terror dropped to 2-10 and 0-8 with the loss.
4/25 @ Dickinson - 4 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)