CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Haverford College, ranked 13th in the Atlantic South region, defeated hosted Washington College, 6-3, in a Centennial Conference women's tennis match this afternoon at Schottland Tennis Center.
Haverford 6, Washington College 3
- Haverford's first point of the match came at No. 2 where Ananya Prakash and Natalie Williams topped Cecilia Cress and Riley Katzman, 8-4.
- The Fords then won at No. 3 doubles where Mima Khazanov and Renata DiDonato beat Mariah Thomas and Hayley Sanchez, 8-2.
- Alisha White and Ella Samer picked up a win for the Shorewomen at No. 1, topping Emily Shutman and Clara Farrehi, 8-5.
- Prakash defeated Katzman, 6-0, 6-2, at No. 4 for the Fords' third point of the match.
- Samer notched Washington's second point with her 6-4, 6-0, victory against Williams at No. 2.
- Sarah Evenson pushed the Haverford lead to 4-2 with a 6-2, 6-4, win over Sanchez at No. 6.
- Thomas got the Shorewomen back to within one point with her 6-4, 6-2, win over DiDonato at No. 5.
- Farrehi clinched the victory for the Fords with her 7-5, 6-3, win versus Cress at No. 3.
- Shutman accounted for the final Haverford point by rallying for a 3-6, 6-4, 6-2, win over White at No. 1.
- The Fords improved to 7-4 overall and remained unbeaten in Centennial Conference matches at 7-0. The Shorewomen fell to 5-7 and 3-4.
4/20 @ Dickinson - 1 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)