CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Gettysburg College won the final three singles matches to finish to post a 5-4 Centennial Conference women's tennis victory over host Washington College this afternoon at Schottland Tennis Center.
Gettysburg 5, Washington College 4
- The Shorewomen took a 1-0 lead thanks to a convincing 8-0 win for Sarah Bruno and Mariah Thomas over Shayne Barnes and Ava Vanhelfteren at No. 3.
- Gettysburg evened the score when Samantha Boardman and Amanda Vinges topped Alisha White and Ella Samer, 8-3, at No. 1.
- Washington moved ahead, 2-1, when Cecilia Cress and Riley Katzman rallied for an 8-6 victory over Maria Martinovic and Maddie Class at No. 2.
- Bruno extended the lead to 3-1 with her 6-2, 6-1, win over Class at No. 4.
- Samer added Washington's fourth point with her 6-4, 6-2, victory over Vinges at No. 2.
- The Bullets' first singles win came at No. 3 as Boardman bested Cress, 6-4, 6-2.
- Gettysburg pulled to within a point when Martinovic completed her 6-4, 6-2, win over White at No. 1.
- Alexis Rinker evened the score for the Bullets by pulling off a 7-6(3), 7-5, win over Thomas at No. 6.
- Vanhelfteren notched the winning point for Gettysburg with her 6-3, 4-6, 6-3, victory against Katzman at No. 5.
- The Bullets improved to 8-4 overall and 3-1 in conference matches with the win, while the Shorewomen fell to 5-4 and 3-1 with the loss.
4/9 v. #25 Swarthmore - 3:30 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)