Shorewomen Will Host F&M in Centennial Tournament Match Wednesday
LANCASTER, Pa. — The visiting Washington College women's tennis team topped host Franklin & Marshall, 8-1, in the regular-season finale for both teams today. With the win, the Shorewomen earned hosting rights for Wednesday's Centennial Conference Tournament first round match - which will also be against F&M.
Washington College 8, Franklin & Marshall 1
- Julie Lazer and Rachel Martinez beat Allison Wolters and Sarah Haas, 8-3, at No. 1 for the Shorewomen. Wolters and Haas are ranked 14th in the Atlantic South region in doubles.
- Washington also won at No. 3 as Ella Samer and Riley Katzman bested Emma Wu and Marissa Witmer, 8-2.
- The Diplomats won their lone point at No. 2 as Gavriel Rubenstein and Stefan Vjuinovic topped Krista Filiopoulos and Sarah Bruno, 8-2.
- Lazer, ranked 20th in the region in singles, beat Wolters, ranked 19th, 6-0, 7-5, at No. 1.
- Martinez downed Haas, 6-0, 6-4, at No. 2, while Filiopoulos defeated Rubenstein, 6-1, 7-5, at No. 3.
- Samer was a 6-1, 6-2, winner against Wu at No. 4, while Bruno outlasted Alex Collins, 0-6, 6-4, 10-8, at No. 5. Kiran Pant defeated Vujinovic, 6-2, 6-4, at No. 6.
- The Shorewomen improved to 12-5 overall and 7-3 in Centennial Conference matches with the win, while F&M fell to 9-7 and 6-4 with the loss. Washington came into the match ranked 18th in the region, while F&M was ranked 14th.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
5/2 v. Franklin & Marshall (Centennial Conference Tournament - First Round)