WESTMINSTER, Md. — Senior Krista Filiopoulos (Millersville, Md./Annapolis Area Christian) won her 99th and 100th collegiate matches as the visiting Washington College women's tennis team picked up a 9-0 victory over host McDaniel in Centennial Conference action today.
Washington College 9, McDaniel 0
- Filiopoulos and Sarah Bruno were 8-1 winners over Brenna Gutshall and Laura Penhallegan at No. 2 for the 99th career win for Filiopoulos.
- Julie Lazer and Rachel Martinez defeated Maddy Simmons and Lindsay Russell, 8-1, at No. 1.
- Ella Samer and Riley Katzman picked up an 8-0 win over CeCe Galovic and Reaiah Rutherford at No. 3.
- Filiopoulos recorded her 100th win with a 6-0, 6-1, victory over Gutshall at No. 3
- Lazer was a 7-5, 6-0, winner at No. 1.
- The Shorewomen won all four of the other doubles spots by identical 6-0, 6-0 counts. Martinez blanked Russell at No. 2, Bruno shut out Penhallegan at No. 4, Mariah Thomas blanked Rutherford at No. 5, and Hayley Sanchez shut out Galovic at No. 6.
- The Shorewomen, who are ranked 20th in the Atlantic South region, improved to 8-2 overall and 3-0 in conference play with the win. McDaniel fell to 1-9 and 0-3 with the loss.
- Lazer now has 98 career collegiate wins, while Martinez has 93.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
4/4 @ Haverford - 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)