Shorewomen Win All Six Singles Matches
ASHLAND, Va. — Visiting Washington College won its sixth consecutive match by defeating host Randolph-Macon, 8-1, in a non-conference women's tennis match this afternoon.
Washington College 8, Randolph-Macon 1
- Julie Lazer and Rachel Martinez beat Stephanie Yeager and Kristin Dantzler, 8-3, at No. 1 and Sarah Bruno and Krista Filiopoulos bested Gaby Tersigni and Olivia Uzer, 8-5, at No. 2 for a 2-0 Shorewomen lead.
- Randolph-Macon got on the board with an 8-5 win at No. 3 doubles for Landon Aud and Sarah Hinson over Ella Samer and Riley Katzman at No. 3.
- Lazer beat Tersigni, 6-1, 6-4, at No. 1, Samer downed Uzer, 6-1, 6-3, at No. 4, and Martinez topped Yeager, 6-0, 6-3, at No. 2 to clinch the win for the Shorewomen.
- Filiopoulos added a 6-1, 4-6, 11-9, win against Dantzler at No. 3, Bruno beat Aud, 5-7, 6-0, 10-2, at No. 5, and Kiran Pant defeated Tory Stribling, 6-4, 6-3, at No. 6 to round out the scoring.
- The Shorewomen improved to 6-1 with the win, while the Yellow Jackets dropped to 4-3 with the loss.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
3/27 v. Bryn Mawr - 3:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)