Shorewomen Drop Just Three Total Games at Top Four Singles Spots
ALLENTOWN, Pa. — Dominance at the top of the line-up played a major role as the Washington College women's tennis team cruised to an 8-1 win over host Muhlenberg in the Centennial Conference opener for both teams this afternoon in a match played inside Deitrich Field House. The Shorewomen, ranked eighth in the Atlantic South region, improved to 4-2 overall, while the Mules fell to 0-3.
Washington College 8, Muhlenberg 1
- Julie Lazer and Rachel Martinez posted an 8-1 win over Jamie Rosenblum and Hannah Molk for the Shorewomen at No. 1, while Krista Filiopoulos and MP Hubert were even more dominant at No. 2, blanking Brittany Gould and Meghan Olsen, 8-0.
- Kiran Pant and Mariah Thomas completed the doubles sweep for the Shorewomen with an 8-5 win against Hannah Bobker and Shelby Knafo at No. 3.
- Lazer, Martinez, and Filiopoulos all won by 6-1, 6-0, scores at the top three singles spots. Lazer beat Rosenblum at No. 1, Martinez bested Molk at No. 2, and Filiopoulos downed Gould at No. 3.
- Hubert posted a shutout at No. 4, blanking Olsen, 6-0, 6-0.
- Pant pulled away from Bobker at No. 5 for a 6-4, 6-0, victory.
- The Mules' lone point came at No. 6 singles as Knafo got past Thomas, 6-4, 6-4.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
3/26 v. Goucher (at Harford Community College) - 4:00 p.m.
- The Shorewomen will scrimmage Harford Community College prior to the Goucher match.