Shorewomen Outscore Owls, 24-3, in Doubles Play
CHESTERTOWN, Md.— The Washington College women's tennis team, ranked 40th in Division III and eighth in the Atlantic South region, posted a 6-3 Centennial Conference win over visiting Bryn Mawr this afternoon at Schottland Tennis Center. The Shorewomen improved to 9-2 overall and remained unbeaten in conference play at 5-0 with the victory.
Washington College 6, Bryn Mawr 3
- The Shorewomen face little resistance in doubles. Krista Filiopoulos and MP Hubert rolled to a quick 8-0 win over Mariam Haider and Em Prozinski at No. 3.
- Rachel Martinez and Julie Lazer followed with an 8-1 victory against Tirsa Delate and Kendall Baller at No. 2.
- April Weaver and Marielle McIntyre completed the doubles sweep with an 8-2 win against Melina Koukoutchos and Lizzie Siegle at No. 1.
- Each team picked up a 6-0, 6-0, win to start singles. Hubert increased the Shorewomen's lead to 4-0 with a 6-0, 6-0, victory against Baller at No. 3, while Molly MacDougall put the Owls on the board with a win by an identical score over Allie Boissonneault at No. 6.
- Martinez picked up a 6-1, 6-3, against Koukoutchos at No. 1 as the Washington clinched the win with a 5-1 lead.
- Kiran Pant tacked on a 6-3, 6-2, win for the Shorewomen at No. 4, defeating Delate. Haider recorded the Owls' second point with a 6-3, 6-2, win against Cat Scolamiero at No. 5.
- The Owls third' point came at No. 2 where Siegle led Filiopoulos, 7-5, 3-2, before Filiopoulos retired from the match.
- Bryn Mawr fell to 3-7 and 0-4 with the loss.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
4/15 @ Muhlenberg - 5:30 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)