COLLEGEVILLE, Pa.— The 40th-ranked Washington College women's tennis team won its fifth straight match this afternoon, rolling past host Ursinus, 8-1, in Centennial Conference action. The Shorewomen, who are also ranked 10th in the Atlantic South region, improved to 5-1 overall and 2-0 in conference matches with the win, while the Bears, who are ranked 16th in the region, fell to 6-2 and 0-1.
#40 Washington College 8, Ursinus 1
- April Weaver and Marielle McIntyre were 8-1 winners for the Shorewomen at No. 1, defeating Ashley Nguyen and Aileen Bevard.
- Washington's Julie Lazer and Rachel Martinez beat Ariel Danzinger and BreAnna Bashaw, 8-0, at No. 2.
- The Shorewomen swept doubles as Krista Filiopoulos and MP Hubert beat Stephanie-Jane Seabra and Christine Palazzolo, 8-6, at No. 3.
- Weaver, ranked 10th in the region in singles, blanked Nguyen, 6-0, 6-0, at No. 1.
- Lazer bested Bashaw, 6-1, 6-3, at No. 2.
- Martinez downed Bevard, 6-2, 6-1, at No. 3.
- Fiolopoulos beat Danzinger, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 4.
- Hubert defeated Palazzolo, 6-3, 7-5, at No. 5.
- The Bears' lone point came at No. 6 as Christie Pawl downed Kiran Pant, 6-1, 6-1.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
4/1 @ #11 Carnegie Mellon - 4:00 p.m.