CHESTERTOWN, Md.— Host Washington College, ranked 40th in Division III and 10th in the Atlantic South region, topped visiting Dickinson College, 9-0, in the Centennial Conference women's tennis opener for both teams this afternoon at Schottland Tennis Center. The Shorewomen improved to 4-1 overall with the win, while the Red Devils took their first loss and dropped to 3-1.
Washington College 9, Dickinson 0
- Krista Filiopoulos and M.P. Hubert defeated Emily Sprague and Lydia Fox, 8-3, at No. 3 to give the Shorewomen a 1-0 lead.
- April Weaver and Marielle McIntyre quickly followed by finishing their 8-1 win over Lauren Altschuler and Sydney Diamond at No. 1.
- Julie Lazer and Rachel Martinez completed the doubles sweep with an 8-4 win against Joana Nunes and Madison Parks at No. 2.
- Blair Kang picked up the Shorewomen's first singles point with a 6-3, 6-3, victory over Sprague at No. 5.
- Filiopoulos then finished a 6-2, 6-1, win against Nunes at No. 4 to clinch the win and Lazer topped Parks, 6-2, 6-2, at No. 2 to make it 6-0.
- Hubert added the Shorewomen's seventh point with her 6-1, 6-1, triumoh against Fox at No. 6. Weaver, ranked 20th in the region in singles, completed a 6-4, 6-2, win against Altschuler at No. 1 for the 8-0 lead.
- Martinez finished off the match sweep with a 6-2, 7-5, win against Diamond at No. 3.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
3/30 @ Ursinus - 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)