Portmann Places in Top Eight in Three Individual Events
GETTYSBURG, Pa. — Senior Julia Portmann (Palatine, Ill./William Fremd) finished in the top eight in three different individual events as the Washington College women's swim team placed sixth of eight teams overall at the Centennial Conference Championships, held at Gettysburg College Thursday night through tonight.
2019 Centennial Conference Championships
Shorewomen Top Individual Performers
- Portmann placed fifth in the 1650 freestyle in 17:45.45, seventh in the 500 freestyle in 5:13.55, and eighth in the 200 freestyle in 1:58.55.
- Anna Hall placed sixth in the 200 butterfly in 2:12.45 to become the Shorewomen's sixth fastest swimmer ever in that event and seventh in the 100 butterfly in 59.59 to become their sixth-fastest swimmer ever in that event.
- Tricia Markey placed seventh in the 1650 freestyle in 18:10.98 to become the Shorewomen's eighth-fastest swimmer ever in that event. She also turned in a 1000 freestyle split of 11:04.35 during that race to become the Shorewomen's eighth-fastest 1000 freestyle swimmer ever. In the 500 freestyle, she placed 11th in 5:16.08.
- Teresa Draves placed ninth in the 200 breaststroke in 2:30.51 to become the Shorewomen's fifth-fastest swimmer ever in that event and 11th in the 400 individual medley in 4:46.84 to become their sixth-fastest ever in that event.
- Anna Schmittle finished 11th in the 100 freestyle in 53.98 and 14th in the 200 freestyle in 1:58.46 to become the Shorewomen's ninth-fastest swimmer ever in that event.
- Alexa Luecke finished 13th in the 1650 freestyle in 18:56.12 and 15th in the 400 individual medley in 4:55.46. She also became the Shorewomen's 10th-fastest 200 freestyle swimmer ever with her 1:58.73 lead-off leg in the 800 freestyle relay and their 10th-fastest 100 freestyle swimmer ever with her 54.71 lead-off leg in the 400 freestyle relay.
- Alex Searles was 14th in the 200 breaststroke in 2:33.61 and 15th in the 100 breaststroke in 1:10.92.
- Allison Gallagher was 16th in the 200 backstroke in 2:16.11, while Alison Buckwalter placed 16th in the 1650 freestyle in 19:30.76.
Shorewomen Top Relays
- Luecke, Schmittle, Markey, and Portmann placed fourth in the 800 freestyle relay in 7:57.56.
- Luecke, Schmittle, Markey, and Portmann were fifth in the 400 freestyle relay in 3:39.48.
- Savannah Quade, Searles, Hall, and Portmann placed sixth in the 400 medley relay in 4:09.20.
- Quade, Searles, Hall, and Schmittle were seventh in the 200 medley relay in 1:53.22
- Schmittle, Portmann, Luecke, and Draves were seventh in the 200 freestyle relay in 1:40.88.
- Ursinus won the Centennial Conference Championship with 816.5 points. Swarthmore was second with 676 and Gettysburg third with 596.5. Franklin & Marshall took fourth place with 408 points, narrowly beating out Dickinson, which finished with 397. The Shorewomen (287), McDaniel (178), and Bryn Mawr (155) rounded out the field.