Markey Wins Pair of Individual Events in Final Home Meet
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Senior Tricia Markey won two individual events and swam on a first-place relay team as the host Washington College women's swim team breezed to a 120-57 Centennial Conference win over visiting McDaniel this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center. The meet was the dual-meet season finale for both teams.
Washington College 120, McDaniel 57
- Markey won the 1000 freestyle in 11:33.88 and the 500 freestyle in 5:35.88. She also swam the third leg of the winning 800 freestyle relay team, joining Teresa Draves, Alexa Luecke, and Julia Portmann for a winning time of 8:23.40.
- The Shorewomen opened the meet with a win in the 200 medley relay as Savannah Quade, Alex Searles, Anna Hall, and Anna Schmittle posted a first-place time of 1:57.11.
- Draves won the 100 individual medley in 1:05.07 and was second in the 200 backstroke in 2:19.28, while Hall won the 100 butterfly in 1:01.86 and placed second in the 100 individual medley in 1:05.84. Allison Gallagher won the 200 backstroke in 2:18.09.
- Portmann placed second in the 200 freestyle in 2:00.91 and in the 100 freestyle in 56.51.
- Alison Buckwalter placed second in the 1000 freestyle in 12:07.04, Schmittle was second in the 50 freestyle in 26.23, and Searles placed second in the 100 breaststroke in 1:15.67.
- The Shorewomen finish their dual-meet schedule with a 4-8 overall record and a 2-5 record in conference meets. The Green Terror finish 4-7 and 1-6.
- Markey was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Swimmer of the Meet.
- This was the final home meet for Washington seniors Markey Portmann, Schmittle, and Emma Silber.
2/21-24 @ Centennial Conference Championships (hosted by Gettysburg)