Portmann Wins 1000 Freestyle fopr Shorewomen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — 21st-ranked Ursinus College remained unbeaten in dual meets this season with a 162-92 victory over host Washington College in Centennial Conference women's swimming action this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center.
#21 Ursinus 162, Washington College 92
- Julia Portmann accounted for the Shorewomen's lone first-place finish, taking the 1000 freestyle in 11:04.74. She was also second in the 500 freestyle in 5:24.87/
- Teresa Draves placed second in the 400 individual medley in 4:49.30 to become the Shorewomen's ninth-fastest swimmer ever in that event.
- Tricia Markey, Anna Schmittle, Alex Searles, and Anna Hall each placed second in one event for the Shorewomen. Markey was second in the 50 freestyle in 26.50, Schmittle in the 100 freestyle in 56.59, Searles in the 200 breaststroke in 2:43.17, and Hall in the 100 butterfly in 1:03.16.
- The Bears remained unbeaten at 8-0 overall and 6-0 in conference meets with the win, while the Shorewomen dropped to 3-8 and 1-5 with the loss.
- Portmann was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Swimmer of the Meet.
2/9 v. McDaniel - 1 p.m. (Centennial Conference meet)
- The meet against McDaniel will be the Shorewomen's Senior Day meet and final dual meet of the season.