Portmann, Clune Win Three Events Each for Shorewomen in Loss
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Host Catholic University defeated visiting Washington College, 144-117, in non-conference women's swimming this afternoon in Washington, D.C.
Catholic 144, Washington College 117
- Julia Portmann and Jenni Clune each won three individual events. Portmann took the 1000 freestyle in 11:21.98, the 200 freestyle in 2:02.59, and the 500 freestyle in 5:29.96. Clune won the 100 breaststroke in 1:10.19, the 200 breaststroke in 2:36.43, and the 200 individual medley in 2:19.70.
- Katie Gorman was first in the 100 freestyle in 55.71 and second in the 50 freestyle in 25.59.
- Maija Adourian was second in the 100 backstroke in 1:04.96, while Allison Gallagher took second in the 200 backstroke in 2:21.82.
- Anna Schmittle turned in a better time than any Catholic University swimmer in the 100 freestyle, finishing second behind Gorman in 57.66.
- Catholic improved to 6-1 in dual meets with the win, while the Shorewomen dropped to 5-4.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
1/27 v. Dickinson - 2:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference meet)
- The meet against Dickinson will be the Shorewomen's Senior Day meet.