Portmann Wins Three Individual Events
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The Washington College women's swim team won all 14 events in a 164-98 non-conference win over York (Pa.) College this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center.
Washington College 164, York 98
- Julia Portmann won three individual events for the Shorewomen, taking the 1000 freestyle in 11:04.58, the 200 freestyle in 2:02.25, and the 500 freestyle in 5:20.37.
- Four swimmers won two individual events each for Washington. Lindsay Wiecki won the 200 butterfly in 2:22.05 and the 100 butterfly in 1:02.69. She won the 100 by just two one-hundredths of a second. Allison Gallagher also won an event by two one-hundredths of a second, taking the 200 individual medley in 2:21.44 to go along with her first-place time of 2:15.51 in the 200 backstroke. Jenni Clune was first in both the 100 breaststroke (1:08.90) and 200 breaststroke (2:33.20), while Katie Gorman won the 50 freestyle (25.57) and 100 freestyle (55.29).
- Maija Adourian won the 100 backstroke in 1:04.21. She also led off the winning 200 medley relay, joining Clune, Wiecki, and Gorman for a winning time of 1:54.77. Anna Schmittle, Gorman, Portmann, and Clune won the 400 freestyle relay in 3:43.49.
- The Shorewomen improved to 5-3 in dual meets with today's win, while the Spartans fell to 5-2.
- Wiecki was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Swimmer of the Meet.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
1/13 @ Catholic - 1:00 p.m.