Shorewomen Win Nine of 11 Events
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Host Washington College won nine of 11 events en route to a 129-76 non-conference women's swimming victory over visiting St. Mary's College of Maryland tonight inside Casey Swim Center.
Washington College 129, St. Mary's (Md.) 76
- Jenni Clune, Katie Gorman, and Julia Portmann each won two individual events for the Shorewomen. Clune won the 200 individual medley in 2:18.98 and the 100 breaststroke in 1:09.11. Gorman won the 50 freestyle in 25.29 and the 100 freestyle in 55.55. Portmann took the 1000 freestyle in 11:11.28 and the 200 freestyle in 2:01.70.
- Lindsay Wiecki won the 100 butterfly in 1:02.81, while Maija Adourian captured the 100 backstroke in 1:03.99.
- Adourian, Clune, Wiecki, and Gorman opened the meet with a winning time of 1:54.34 in the 200 medley relay.
- The Shorewomen improved to 3-3 in dual meets this season with the win, while Seahawks dropped to 2-4 with the loss.
- Clune was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Swimmer of the Meet.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
11/18 @ Bryn Mawr - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference meet)