Maxwell Plays Part in Three First-Place Finishes in Final Home Meet
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The Washington College women's swim team closed out its dual meet season with a 120-80 Centennial Conference victory over visiting McDaniel on Senior Day this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center.
Washington College 120, McDaniel 80
- The Shorewomen held a 120-49 lead heading into the final two events, the 100 breaststroke and 400 freestyle relay, before switching their entries for those events to exhibition only.
- Seniors Jackie Creitz, Maddie Morrissette, Ellen Maxwell, and Angelina Tomasura were honored before the meet. Maxwell played a part in three first-place finishes in her final home meet. She won the 200 individual medley in 2:15.16 and the 100 backstroke in 1:01.64 and led off the winning 200 medley relay as she, Jenni Clune, Lindsay Wiecki, and Anna Schmittle won that race in 1:54.37.
- Julia Portmann turned in three individual first-place finishes for the Shorewomen. She won the 1000 freestyle in 10:59.61, the 200 freestyle in 2:00.51, and the 500 freestyle in 5:23.76.
- Katie Gorman won the 50 freestyle in 25.86, Wiecki took the 100 butterfly in 1:00.76, and Clune won the 100 freestyle in 54.79. Mackenzie Gaze, Schmittle, Gorman, and Clune closed out the meet with a top time of 3:43.76 in the 400 freestyle relay.
- Tricia Markey was second in the 1000 freestyle in 11:20.60 and in the 500 freestyle in 5:33.61. Gaze was second in the 200 freestyle in 2:00.97, while Alex Searles had the second-fastest time in the 100 breaststroke at 1:12.69.
- The Shorewomen finish their dual meet schedule with a 5-5 overall record and a 3-4 conference mark. The Green Terror finish at 4-6 and 1-6.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
2/17-19 @ Centennial Conference Championships (hosted by Franklin & Marshall)