Shorewomen Break Casey Swim Center Record in 200 Freestyle Relay
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The three-time defending Centennial Conference Champion Ursinus women's swim team defeated host Washington College, 150-112, in a Centennial Conference dual meet this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center.
Ursinus 150, Washington College 112
- The Shorewomen finished the meet by winning the 200 freestyle relay. The time of 1:41.11 turned in by Mackenzie Gaze, Katie Gorman, Anna Schmittle, and Jenni Clune set a new Casey Swim Center record.
- Julia Portmann won three individual events for the Shorewomen, taking the 1000 freestyle in 10:59.87, the 200 freestyle in 1:58.47, and the 500 freestyle in 5:19.77.
- Jenni Clune won the 100 breaststroke in 1:08.27 and the 100 freestyle in 54.88.
- Gorman was second in the 50 freestyle in 25.23 and tied for second in the 100 freestyle in 55.15. Ellen Maxwell was second in both the 100 backstroke in 1:03.67 and the 200 backstroke in 2:17.68.
- The Bears remained undefeated this season at 8-0 overall and 6-0 in conference meets with the win, while the Shorewomen fell to 4-5 and 2-4 with the loss.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
2/4 v. McDaniel - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference meet)
- The meet against McDaniel will be the Shorewomen's Senior Day.