Clune & Portmann Win Two Individual Events Each for Shorewomen
CARLISLE, Pa. — The Washington College women's swim team picked up its first dual meet win over host Dickinson College in seven years as the Shorewomen captured first place in eight of 11 events en route to a 113-92 Centennial Conference victory this afternoon.
Washington College 113, Dickinson 92
- The Shorewomen bookended the meet by winning both relays. Ellen Maxwell, Jenni Clune, Lindsay Wiecki, and Anna Schmittle opened the meet with a winning time of 4:10.56 in the 400 medley relay. Tricia Markey, Schmittle, Mackenzie Gaze, and Katie Gorman closed things out with a first-place time of 3:46.09 in the 400 freestyle relay.
- Clune and Julie Portmann each won two individual events for the Shorewomen. Clune took the 100 freestyle in 55.42 and the 200 breaststroke in 2:32.06. Portmann won the 200 freestyle in 2:00.80 and the 500 freestyle in 5:23.93. She was also second in the 1000 freestyle in 11:05.33.
- Gorman won the 50 freestyle in 25.67 and was second in the 100 freestyle in 55.81. Maxwell won the 200 individual medley in 2:18.57 and placed second in the 200 backstroke in 2:16.26. Wiecki added a second-place finish in the 200 butterfly in 2:20.62.
- The Shorewomen's last dual meet win over Dickinson was a 117-88 victory on January 23rd, 2010. The Red Devils had won each of the past six meetings.
- The Shorewomen improved to 4-4 overall and 2-3 in conference meets this season with the win. The Red Devils fell to 6-3 and 1-2.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
1/28 v. Ursinus - 1:00 p.m.(Centennial Conference meet)