Clune & Maxwell Win Two Events Each
BRYN MAWR, Pa. — Sophomore Jenni Clune (Bowie, Md./Eleanor Roosevelt) and junior Ellen Maxwell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) each won two individual events as the Washington College women's swim team defeated host Bryn Mawr, 130-67, in a Centennial Conference meet this afternoon. The Shorewomen improved to 4-3 overall and 1-2 in conference meets, while the Owls fells to 2-4 and 0-4.
Washington College 130, Bryn Mawr 67
How It Happened
- Clune won the 200 individual medley in 2:23.54 and the 100 breaststroke in 1:14.40, while Maxwell was first in the 1000 freestyle in 11:09.13 and in the 100 freestyle in 57.32.
- Julia Portmann won the 200 freestyle in 2:04.56 and was second in the 100 butterfly in 1:03.71. Katie Gorman won the 500 freestyle in 5:36.95 and placed second in the 50 freestyle in 25.93.
- Maija Adourian, Clune, Gorman, and Mackenzie Gaze opened the meet by winning the 200 medley relay in 1:58.21. As an exhibition entry, Tricia Markey, Emma Silber, Emelie Farrington, and Portmann had the fastest time in the 200 freestyle relay, finishing in 1:51.10.
- Markey was also second in both the 200 individual medley in 2:29.63 and in the 100 freestyle in 58.45.
- Silber placed second in the 200 freestyle in 2:08.47, Jackie Creitz placed second in the 100 backstroke in 1:09.10, Anna Schmittle took second in the 500 freestyle in 5:48.52, and Trish Liller was second in the 100 breaststroke in 1:16.21.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
1/23 v. Dickinson - 2:00 p.m. (Senior Day, Centennial Conference meet)