CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Haverford scored off of a corner kick in the 55th minute to record a 1-0 win over host Washington College in a Centennial Conference women's soccer game played tonight on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Haverford 1, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- Emily Jacoby put a shot on goal for the Shorewomen in the 15th minute in a one on one situation, but Haverford goalkeeper Julie Hanss charged out to make the save. It would be the only shot on goal of the night for Washington.
- The Fords took the lead with 35:50 to play as Katie Safter finished off a nice header off of a corner kick assist from Sydney West.
- Washington recorded the only shot after the Haverford goal, a shot from Sara Douglas with 28:40 to go, which went wide.
For the Shorewomen (6-5 Overall, 2-5 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: none.
- Goalkeeper: Annalie Buscarino (three saves, one goal allowed, 90:00).
- The Shorewomen were issued three yellow cards in the game.
For Haverford (7-3-1 Overall, 4-1-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Safter (goal), West (assist).
- Goalkeeper: Hanss (one save, zero goals allowed, 90:00).
- Haverford held a slim 7-6 edge in shots and a 2-1 edge in corner kicks.
- Buscarino was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player Of The Game for the second time in her career.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/13 @ Franklin & Marshall - 3:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game).
- The Shorewomen won last year's meeting with the Diplomats 2-1 in overtime.