CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Dickinson College pulled out a hard-fought 1-0 Centennial Conference women's soccer victory this afternoon over host Washington College on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Dickinson 1, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- Addy Zandi had a good scoring chance for the Red Devils in the 13th minute, but her shot from the center of the box was saved by a diving Annalie Buscarino for the Shorewomen. Zandi would go on to send two shots just high of the crossbar later in the half.
- Washington's Arianna Sabatino had a point-blank chance stopped by a tremendous effort by Dickinson goalkeeper Mary Katherine Brosnan in the 27th minute.
- Caitlin Gugliotta had a shot right in front of the goal for Dickinson saved by a diving Buscarino in the 60th minute.
- Less than a minute later, Tara Dedrickson sent a shot off the crossbar and Elizabeth Krause followed with a shot just over the goal on the rebound.
- Ellie Harris had a shot from the center of the box saved by Buscarino in the 66th.
- The Red Devils finally broke through when Zandi dribbled across the top of the box and sent a shot in to the lower right of the goal at 72:32.
For the Shorewomen (6-4, 2-4 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Buscarino (8 saves, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
For Dickinson (7-3-2, 3-2-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Zandi (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Brosnan (1 save, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Red Devils held a 16-2 advantage in shots and a 3-1 edge in corner kicks in the game.
- Buscarino was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
10/10 v. Haverford - 7 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)