SWARTHMORE, Pa. — 19th-ranked host Swarthmore College remained undefeated this season with a 2-0 win over visiting Washington College in a Centennial Conference women's soccer game tonight on Clothier Field.
#19 Swarthmore 2, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- The Garnet scored the game's first goal on their 14th shot and eighth shot on goal of the game when Sydney Covitz ripped a shot from the left side through traffic at 39:12.
- Swarthmore brought the 1-0 lead into the halftime break. Washington goalkeeper Annalie Buscarino made five saves in the first half and two more would-be Garnet goals were played off the line by Shorewomen defenders.
- The Garnet's second goal came at the 63:12 mark as Eleonore Moser headed in a ball that had come off the crossbar.
- The Shorewomen's first shot of the game came in the 74th minute as Olivia Sabatino's attempt went wide right.
For the Shorewomen (6-3, 2-3 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Annalie Buscarino (8 saves, 2 goals allowed, 90:00)
For Swarthmore (10-0-1, 4-0-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Covitz (goal); Moser (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Amy Shmoys (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Garnet held a 27-2 advantage in shots in the game and put 12 of their shots on goal. Swarthmore also recorded all eight of the game's corner kicks,
10/6 v. Dickinson - 4 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)