PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — The Washington College women's rowing team competed in a regatta on the Schuylkill River this morning against Division II Philadelphia U., Division I La Salle, and Mid-Atlantic Rowing Conference rival Franklin & Marshall. The Shorewomen won the first varsity eight.
Shorewomen v. Philadelphia U., La Salle, Franklin & Marshall
How It Happened
- Washington placed first in the first varsity eight in 7:14.6, followed by Philadelphia U. in second in 7:22.2 and La Salle in third in 7:44.0. F&M's boat in the race was disqualified.
- In the second varsity eight, F&M scored a narrow victory over the Shorewomen in a two-boat race, finishing in 7:24.4 to the Shorewomen's 7:29.8.
- F&M also won the varsity four (7:51.2) as the Shorewomen placed second (7:57.4), La Salle third (8:01.4), and Philadelphia U. fourth (8:23.4).
Shorewomen Boat Line-Ups
- First Varsity Eight: Jaclyn Gibbons (coxswain), Jules Shipps (stroke), Maddie Morrissette (seven), Jackie Creitz (six), Danielle Huston Hakey (five), Annie Grosscup (four), Michaela Martino (three), Maggie Perry (two), Mackenzie Gaze (bow)
- Second Varsity Eight: Emily Booth (coxswain), Megan Prokopius (stroke), Diana Lucey (seven), Brenna Kacar (six), Kelin McCloskey (five), Kainat Khan (four), Karis Marano (three), Annie Sniffen (two), Leslie Collins (bow)
- Varsity Four: Gibbons (coxswain), Shipps (stroke), Morrissette (three), Creitz (two), Huston Hakey (bow)
Up Next for the Shorewomen
4/9&10 @ Knecht Cup (West Windsor, N.J.)