Junior Has Role in Eight of Shorewomen's 13 Goals
CARLISLE, Pa. — Junior attacker Katherine Vincent (Wilton, Conn./Wilton) scored five goals and assisted on three others to lead visiting Washington College to a 13-8 Centennial Conference women's lacrosse victory over host Dickinson College this afternoon in Carlisle, Pa.
Washington College 13, Dickinson 8
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen jumped out to an early lead as Alli Dudley scored 2:21 into the game and Vincet added another goal 70 seconds later. Maddy Siebold put the Red Devils on the board with a free-position goal just 44 seconds after that. Madison Acra scored off a Vincent assist for a 3-1 Washington lead with 23:16 on the clock. Sam Marmo countered with a free-position goal for the Red Devils 42 seconds later.
- Anne Dunster then scored off a Caroline Clancy feed at 21:31 and Marmo scored off a Jennifer Morrissey pass only 15 seconds after that to give the Red Devils their first lead of the game at 4-3. Carley Kendall evened the score for the Shorewomen off a Vincent assist with 19:29 left in the half and Dudley put Shorewomen back in front, 5-4, with a free-position goal with 18:47 to go.
- The score remained 5-4 until Siebold scored another free-position goal with 10:08 on the clock to tie the game for Dickinson. Vincent scored on a free-position with 7:00 to go to put Washington back ahead, but Morrissey answered with a goal with 5:33 left in the period to even the score at 6-6. Siebold gave the Red Devils a lead before halftime, scoring with 3:05 to go for a 7-6 advantage.
- Acra opened the second-half scoring with a goal off an assist from Cara Pascarella with 27:59 left and Cecily Docktor followed for the Shorewomen with a goal 39 seconds later as Washington regained the lead, 8-7. Vincent added to the Washington lead with a goal with 24:15 remaining. Emily Pantazes followed with a free-position goal with 16:00 left to push the lead to 10-7.
- Marmo ended the 4-0 run by Washington to open the half with a goal with 14:15 to go, pulling the Red Devils to within two goals, but Vincent scored a free-position goal 27 seconds later to make the score 11-8. Vincent scored again, this time off an assist by Anna Inserra, as the lead grew to four goals with 8:27 remaining. Kendall scored off an Inserra assist with 20 seconds to go to provide the final margin.
For the Shorewomen (8-5, 3-2 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Vincent (5 goals, 3 assists), Dudley (2 goals), Acra (2 goals), Kendall (2 goals), Pantazes (1 goal), Docktor (1 goal), Inserra (2 assists), Pascarella (1 assist)
- Goalies: Maddie Mullen (2 saves, 5 goals allowed, 19:52), Haylee Solomon (7 saves, 3 goals allowed, 40:08)
- The Shorewomen controlled 13 of the game's 23 draws.
For Dickinson (6-6, 2-3 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Siebold (3 goals), Marmo (3 goals), Morrissey (1 goal, 1 assist), Dunster (1 goal), Clancy (1 assist)
- Goalie: Tara Cuddihy (4 saves, 13 goals allowed, 60:00)
- The Red Devils outshot the Shorewomen, 29-20.
- Vincent's eight points tied her career high.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
4/20 @ Haverford - 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)