CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Haverford College out-scored host Washington College, 25-10, in the second quarter en route to a 76-48 Centennial Conference women's basketball win tonight inside Cain Athletic Center.
Haverford 76, Washington College 48
How It Happened
- The Fords held an 11-8 lead after the first quarter after scoring nine of the last 13 points in the period.
- Haverford scored the first nine points of the second quarter in the first two minutes of the period, extending the lead to 20-8 on a pair of free throws by Sierra Berkel with 8:01 on the clock. The Fords led by as many as 20 points in the quarter, following a Julianna Clark three-pointer with 1:58 on the clock that made the score 34-14, and brought a 36-18 lead into halftime.
- The lead grew to as many as 21 points twice in the third quarter, but the Shorewomen got back to within 15 on a Rosie Martin lay-up with 10 seconds left that made the score 51-36.
- Chloe Juriansz made two free throws for Haverford with 32 seconds left to set the score at 76-46 and provide the biggest lead of the game.
For the Shorewomen (5-14, 3-12 Centennial Conference)
- Bridget McLaughlin (8 points, 3 assists); Caitlyn Clark (7 points, 3 assists); Cassidy Quattro (7 points)
- The Shorewomen shot 33% from the field, 1-for-7 from three-point range, and 9-for-10 at the foul line.
- Washington committed just eight turnovers in the game.
For Haverford (17-3, 13-2 Centennial Conference)
- Berkel (17 points, 9 rebounds); Maddie Gallic (14 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists); Clark (12 points); Samantha Wetzel (10 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists); Katie Cook (3 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists)
- Haverford shot 48% from the field, 5-for-17 from three-point range, and 7-for-11 from the foul line.
- The Fords held a 45-27 rebounding advantage and committed just six turnovers in the contest.
- Caitlyn Clark was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
2/3 v. Ursinus - 2:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)