McLaughlin Scores 18 Points in Victory
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Freshman guard Bridget McLaughlin (Newark, Del./Delaware Military Academy) scored a game-high 18 points as the host Washington College women's basketball team put up a season-high point total in a 78-50 Centennial Conference victory over Bryn Mawr tonight inside Cain Athletic Center.
Washington College 78, Bryn Mawr 50
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen scored the first six points of the game and held a 16-10 lead at the end of the first quarter following a lay-up by Ali Grundy with 15 seconds remaining in the period.
- In the second quarter, Washington utilized a 12-2 run to build a 20-point cushion at 38-18 on a steal and lay-up by McLaughlin with 44 seconds to go. A pair of Bryn Mawr buckets in the final seconds of the half closed the gap to 38-22 at the break.
- Eight unanswered Shorewomen points during the third quarter gave them their biggest lead to that point at 48-24 on a Caitlyn Clark lay-up with 6:55 on the clock. The lead later grew to 26 at 58-32 on a McLaughlin lay-up with 1:00 to go in the third. Washington led, 58-34, at the end of the period.
- The lead grew to as many as 32 twice in the fourth quarter, the second on a Cassidy Quattro jumper that set the score at 70-38 with 6:27 remaining.
For the Shorewomen (9-13, 6-11 Centennial Conference)
- McLaughlin (18 points, 9-for-14 field goals, 8 rebounds, 4 assists); Quattro (12 points, 7 rebounds); Grundy (10 points, 4 assists, 5 steals); Kristi Kozlowski (8 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 blocks)
- The Shorewomen shot 40.5% from the field and 8-for-11 from the free-throw line. They held a 51-46 advantage on the boards and turned the ball over just nine times to Bryn Mawr's 22.
For Bryn Mawr (2-19, 0-16 Centennial Conference)
- Sydney Garner (10 points, 6 rebounds); Halena Martin (9 points); Odinaka Oranekwu (6 points, 14 rebounds)
- The Owls shot 34.4% from the field and 7-for-20 from the free-throw line.
- McLaughlin was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game during the webcast of the game.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
2/11 v. Franklin & Marshall - 2:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)
- The game against F&M will be the Shorewomen's Senior Day.