Clark Scores Career High 11 Points In The Win
BRYN MAWR, Pa. — Visiting Washington College used a 19-0 run that spanned the first and second quarters en route to a 68-39 win over host Bryn Mawr in a Centennial Conference women's basketball game tonight at the Class of 1958 Gymnasium in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
Washington College 68, Bryn Mawr 39
How It Happened
- A jump shot from Halena Martin 41 seconds into the game gave Bryn Mawr an early 2-0 lead, but a three pointer from Ali Grundy just 15 seconds later gave the Shorewomen a 3-2 lead that they would not relinquish the rest of the night.
- A jumper from Martin with 6:23 to go in the first quarter cut the Washington lead to 7-6, but the Shorewomen would then score the last 12 points of the opening quarter, as a Taylor Samuels jump shot gave Washington a 19-6 lead after one quarter.
- A jump shot from Lex Krahling with 7:54 to go in the second quarter capped a 19-0 run as the Shorewomen took a 26-6 lead. The Shorewomen defense held the Owls scoreless for a stretch of 9:43 between the first and second quarters.
- The Shorewomen would outscore the Owls 19-9 in the second quarter to take a 38-15 lead into the halftime break.
- Each team scored 11 points in the third quarter as the Shorewomen held a 49-26 lead after the third.
- Bryn Mawr scored the first six points of the fourth quarter to cut the Shorewomen lead to 49-32, but Washington would outscore the Owls 19-7 the rest of the way to provide the final margin.
For the Shorewomen (3-4, 2-2 Centennial Conference)
- Grundy (game high 17 points), Caitlyn Clark (career high 11 points, six rebounds, game high four assists), Brynne Brouse (eight rebounds, tied for game high), Emily Thiemann (eight rebounds, tied for game high).
- Washington shot 40.3% from the field, 46.2% from three point range, and 48% from the free throw line.
- The Shorewomen held a commanding 49-30 advantage in rebounds.
For Bryn Mawr (1-7, 0-5 Centennial Conference)
- Martin (team highs of 12 points and seven rebounds), Erica Dwyer (six points, four rebounds), Cleo Elizabeth-Rober (six points, four rebounds).
- Bryn Mawr shot just 28.8% from the field, 33.3% from three point range, and just 38.9% from the free throw line.
- Each team committed 15 turnovers in the contest.
- With the win, Washington has won back to back games for the first time since the 2014-2015 season, when the team won three straight games between January 31st and February 7th.
- The Shorewomen have now won the last 18 head to head meetings against Bryn Mawr.
- Tonight's win is the third win of the season for the Shorewomen, matching last season's win total.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
12/10 v. Haverford - 2:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game).