Quattro Scores 12 Points and Pulls Down Nine Rebounds
CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting Division II Wilmington University scored the final four points of the contest to edge host Washington College, 59-57, on Wednesday evening at the Cain Athletic Center in a women's basketball exhibition. The game does not count in the standings for both teams.
Wilmington University 59 Washington College 57
How It Happened
- The Wildcats and Shorewomen were tied 12-12 after the first quarter.
- Wilmington outscored Washington 19-14 in the second quarter to take a 31-26 lead into halftime.
- The hosts outscored the visitors in the third quarter by a 19-15 margin to trim the Wildcats' lead to 46-45 lead after three quarters. Brynne Brouse gave WC a 45-44 lead on a jumper with 36 ticks left in the third, before Nyree Grant answered with a layup for Wilmington 14 seconds later to give the guests a one-point lead entering the fourth.
- In the fourth, Washington knotted the game at 55-55 with 1:37 to go on a three-pointer by Lex Krahling. Following a miss by the Wildcats, Krahling gave the Shorewomen a 57-55 lead with 50 seconds left on a basket.
- Trailing 57-56 with 19 seconds left, Wilmington's Jasmine Lee grabbed a rebound off of a missed free throw and went coast-to-coast scoring on a lay-in with 13.3 seconds to go to put the Wildcats ahead 58-57. Following a stop by the Wildcats, Jocelyn Rodriguez made one-of-two from the foul line to provide the final margin with four seconds left.
For The Shorewomen
- Cassidy Quattro (12 points and nine rebounds)
- WC outscored Wilmington in bench points, 29-20.
- LaShyra Williams (16 points and three steals to lead all players), Lee (11 points), Macy Robinson (11 boards).
- Wilmington's Lee is a Chestertown native.
11/15 v. Hood – 6:00 p.m. (non-conference game)
- Season opener for the Shorewomen.