CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — The Washington College sailing team competed against some of the top collegiate sailing teams from around the country this weekend at the Co-Ed Showcase Regatta "A," hosted by MIT. Washington finished 18th of 18 teams at the regatta.
Co-Ed Showcase Regatta "A"
Washington College Highlights
- Skipper Will Sunkler and crew Haley Wilt placed 18th A Division for Washington with a top individual race finish of seventh in race 11A.
- Skipper Paul Hart and crew Andrew Vernon placed 18th in B Division for Washington a top individual race finish of 11th in race 15B.
- Eight races in each division sailed on Saturday in light winds from the east-northeast to southeast. Eight more races in each division sailed on Sunday in a light and variable southwest breeze which eventually clocked all the way to the northeast.
- Brown, Hobart/William Smith, and MIT finished first, second, and third overall at the regatta.
- The top nine finishing teams at both the Co-Ed Showcase "A" and "B" regattas this weekend advanced to the Fiske-Harriman-Sleigh (Co-Ed Showcase A Final) October 20th-21st at St. Mary's. The bottom nine finishing teams at both of the Showcase regattas this weekend, including Washington College, will race at the Truxtun Umsted (Co-Ed Showcase B Final) October 20th-21st at Navy.
10/13&14 @ David Lee Arnoff Trophy (Hobart/William Smith)
10/13&14 @ Coho Memorial Open (Webb Institute)