CHARLESTON, S.C. — The Washington College sailing team opened its spring regatta schedule at the College of Charleston Spring Interconference this weekend, finishing 14th of 15 teams overall.
College of Charleston Spring Interconference
How It Happened
- Will Sunkler skippered for Washington in A Division, sailing with Bridgette Hindt for the first six races and Haber Carlson for the remaining A Division races. Washington placed 15th in A Division. The team's best A Division finish - eighth - came in race 3A.
- Paul Hart skippered Washington to a 12th-place finish in B Division. He sailed with Ellie Lienert as his crew for the first four races and Andrew Houghton for the remaining B Division races. Their best B Division finish - ninth - was in race 10B.
- Ten races in each division sailed on Saturday.
- Host Charleston, South Florida, and Jacksonville finished in the top three spots at the regatta, respectively.
- Saturday's races began in a seven-knot wind from the West. As the day went on, the wind picked up and shifted to the south, puffing up to 20 knots.
- Light conditions on Sunday prevented any racing from taking place during the second scheduled day of the regatta.
Up Next for the Washington College Sailing Team
3/17-18 hosts Washington College Team Race