CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The Swarthmore College men's tennis team, ranked fifth in the Atlantic South region and 21st in all of Division III, stayed undefeated in Centennial Conference play with a 9-0 win over host Washington College this afternoon at Schottland Tennis Center.
#21 Swarthmore 9, Washington College 0
- Jiung Jung and Blake Oetting notched the first Swarthmore point with an 8-1 win over Andrew Smith and Koby Bonta at No. 3
- Thibault Vernier and John Lathrop then completed an 8-5 win against Justin Panepinto and Luke Weaver at No. 2.
- Mark Fallati and Josh Powell, ranked seventh in the region in doubles, then finished an 8-5 victory against Chris Salisbury and Jake Sandler at No. 1.
- The Garnet's fourth point came when Simon Vernier finished a 6-3, 6-1, win over Weaver at No. 3.
- Fallati, ranked 29th in Division III and fifth in the region in singles, clinched the Garnet's victory with a 6-3, 6-3, win against Salisbury at No. 1.
- Powell followed with a 6-1, 6-4, win against Bonta at No. 4 and Thibault Vernier added a 6-4, 6-4, victory against Sandler at No. 2.
- Jung then posted an 8-1 win against Kyle Hickey at No. 5, while Lathrop bested August Meriot, 8-4, at No. 6.
- Swarthmore improved to 9-9 overall and 6-0 in conference play with the win, while the Shoremen dropped to 4-6 and 2-2.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/14 @ Dickinson - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)