Sauter Finishes Second in the 100 Breaststroke; Mandrell with Three Third-Place Finishes
RICHMOND, Va. – The Washington College men's swim team placed fourth out of 12 teams at Yellow Jacket Invitational, hosted by Randolph-Macon Saturday and Sunday at the Collegiate School Aquatic Center. Senior Teague Sauter (Silver Spring, Md./Montgomery Blair) had the team's highest finish with his second place finish in the 100 breaststroke.
Yellow Jacket Invitational
Shoremen Individual Highlights
- Sauter finished second in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:00.20, fourth in the 200 breaststroke in (2:16.22) and earned a 12th place finish in the 200 individual medley at 2:04.05.
- Gage Mandrell placed third in the 100 breaststroke (1:00.84), the 500 freestyle (4:49.81) and the 1650 freestyle (16:48.73) as he entered the top 10 in team history in both the 500 and 1650 free as he is now the eighth and fifth fastest respectively.
- Jackson Graham was third in the 100 butterfly (52.89), fourth in the 50 freestyle (22.10) and fifth in the 200 butterfly (2:00.52).
- Garnering fourth in the 200 IM was Andrew Feeley with a time of 2:00.64. In seed time, he registered a time of 1:58.60.
- Landing fourth were Seth Wrigley in the 100 butterfly (53.26) and Nate Braddock in the 100 freestyle (48.76) and 200 freestyle (1:46.65). Braddock was also eighth in the 500 free (4:53.61).
- Joseph Bozzi was eighth in the 200 IM with a time of 2:02.33.
- Dave Rovansek was ninth in the 100 freestyle (49.38), 10th in the 100 breaststroke (1:02.67) and 14th in the 50 freestyle (22.50).
Shoremen Relay Highlights
- Finishing third was the 400 medley relay team of Feeley, Mandrell, Graham and Braddock with a time of 3:35.27.
- Three relay teams finished fourth with the 200 freestyle relay team of Graham, Wrigley, Bozzi and Rovansek at 1:30.29, the 200 medley relay quartet of Feeley, Mandrell, Graham and Braddock at 1:38.91 and the 400 freestyle relay squad of Braddock, Mandrell, Graham and Rovansek.
- The 800 freestyle relay team of Mandrell, Braddock, Sauter and Bozzi were fifth at 7:05.51.
- Earning a sixth place finish in the 200 medley relay were Bozzi, Sauter, Wrigley and Rovansek in 1:41.01.
- Division II Barton won the event with 1,969 points, finishing 375 points ahead of Catholic who had 1,294 for second place. Host Randolph-Macon had 903 points followed by Washington which had 853. Spots five through 12 were Lynchburg (729), Frostburg St. (606), St. Mary' (Md.) (598.5), Emory & Henry (316.5), Hampden-Sydney (286), Marymount (239.5), Virginia Wesleyan (208) and Bridgewater (180).
- Barton and Frostburg St. are Division II schools, the other 10 competing are Division III.
1/9/20 – @ Orange Bowl Swim Classic (Key Largo, Fla.) – 10:00 a.m.