Shoremen Finish Sixth in Final Team Standings
GETTYSBURG, Pa. — Sophomore Andrew Feeley (Baltimore, Md./Towson) won gold in the 200 backstroke for the second year in a row, breaking his own school record and swimming an NCAA Division III Championship provisional qualifying time in the process, as the Washington College men's swim team placed sixth of seven teams overall at the Centennial Conference Championships, held at Gettysburg College Thursday night through tonight.
2019 Centennial Conference Championships
Shoremen Medal Winner
- Feeley's gold medal-winning and school-record time in the 200 backstroke was 1:49.52, under the NCAA Championship provisional qualifying standard. He also placed seventh in the 100 backstroke in 52.19 after swimming a 51.82 in the preliminaries to become the Shoremen's second fastest swimmer ever in that event and placed 14th in the 200 individual medley in 1:57.22
Other Shoremen Top Individual Performers
- Brett Edwards tied for fourth in the 100 breaststroke in 58.54 and was sixth in the 200 breaststroke in 2:10.13.
- Brendan Jones finished seventh in the 400 individual medley in 4:10.24. He was also 11th in the 500 freestyle in 4:45.05 and 14th in the 200 butterfly in 1:59.07. His 1:44.93 lead-off time in the 800 freestyle relay made him the Shoremen's seventh-fastest 200 freestyle swimmer ever.
- Aidan Sullivan finished seventh in the 100 freestyle, bettering his own standing as the Shoremen's fifth-fastest swimmer ever in the event with a time of 46.65. He was 11th in the 200 freestyle in 1:44.15 and 13th in the 200 individual medley in 1:57.14. His lead-off leg of 21.28 in the 200 freestyle relay made him the Shoremen's sixth-fastest swimmer ever in the 50 freestyle.
- Teague Sauter placed 11th in the 100 breaststroke in 59.85 and 15th in the 200 breaststroke in 2:14.70.
- Nate Braddock finished 11th in the 1650 freestyle in 17:07.57 and 13th in the 500 freestyle in 4:47.83, becoming the Shoremen's fifth-fastest swimmer ever in that event.
- Seth Wrigley was 13th in the 100 butterfly in 52.55, Joseph Bozzi was 15th in the 100 butterfly in 53.58, and Alex Sabo was 16th in the 1650 freestyle in 18:21.52.
Shoremen Top Relays
- Feeley, Sullivan, Braddock, and Jones placed fifth in the 400 freestyle relay in 3:12.42.
- Feeley, Edwards, Wrigley, and Sullivan were sixth in the 400 medley relay in 3:29.48.
- Feeley, Edwards, Bozzi, and Wrigley were seventh in the 200 medley relay in 1:37.81.
- Sullivan, Wrigley, Braddock, and Dave Rovansek placed seventh in the 200 freestyle relay in 1:28.35.
- Swarthmore won the Centennial Conference Championship with 845.5 points. Gettysburg was second with 630. Franklin & Marshall (543 points) edged out Ursinus (527 points) for third. Dickinson (398), the Shoremen (268.5), and McDaniel (142) rounded out the field.
- Final selections for the NCAA Division III Championships will be announced at 10 a.m. this Wednesday. Feeley's provisional qualifying time in the 200 backstroke puts him in contention for a possible spot. The Championships will be held March 20th-23rd in Greensboro, N.C.
Shoremen Gold Medal
Andrew Feeley - 200 backstroke - 1:49.52 (School Record & NCAA Provisional Qualifying Time)