Shoremen Post Fastest Time in 10 of 11 Events
ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. — Visiting Washington College posted the fastest time in 10 of the 11 events and rolled to a 116-56 win over host St. Mary's College of Maryland in non-conference men's swimming action tonight at the SMCM Aquatic Center.
Washington College 116, St. Mary's (Md.) 56
- Nate Braddock won the 1000 freestyle in 10:18.36, bettering his own standing as the Shoremen's ninth-fastest swimmer ever in that event, and also won the 500 freestyle in 4:58.63. Brett Edwards won the 400 individual medley in 4:28.94 and posted the fastest time, as an exhibition entrant, in the 200 breaststroke, touching the wall in 2:18.05.
- Brendan Jones won the 200 freestyle in 1:47.96 and placed second in the 500 freestyle in 5:01.28. Joseph Bozzi won the 200 butterfly in 2:05.69, Aidan Sullivan captured the 100 freestyle in 49.38, and Andrew Feeley won the 200 backstroke in 2:02.81.
- Feeley, Edwards, Seth Wrigley, and Sullivan opened the meet by winning the 400 medley relay in 3:43.17. Washington also had the fastest time in the 400 freestyle relay, albeit as an exhibition entrant. Braddock, Jones, Feeley, and Sullivan, turned in a time of 3:17.01 in that event.
- Alex Sabo placed second in the 1000 freestyle in 11:11.10, Teague Sauter was second in the 400 individual medley in 4:40.27, Dave Rovansek placed second in the 100 freestyle in 53.49, and Matthew Gregory took second in the 200 backstroke in 2:34.38.
- The Shoremen improved to 2-4 with the win, while the Seahawks fell to 2-3 with the loss.
11/30&12/1 @ Yellow Jacket Invitational (Richmond, Va.)