Four Shoremen Win One Event Each in Loss
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Gettysburg College turned in the top time in 10 of 14 events in a 154-105 win over host Washington College in Centennial Conference men's swimming action this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center.
Gettysburg 154, Washington College 105
- Four different Shoremen won one event each in the loss. Leo Johnson won the 100 backstroke in 54.77 and was second in the 200 backstroke in 1:58.88. Andrew Feeley beat out Johnson in the 200 backstroke with a time of 1:56.68. Jake Brown won the 50 freestyle in 21.90, while Brett Edwards captured the 200 breaststroke in 2:15.46.
- Aidan Sullivan placed second in the 100 backstroke in 56.56, Teague Sauter was second in the 100 breaststroke in 1:03.00, and Seth Wrigley took second in the 200 butterfly in 2:03.03.
- Nate Braddock's third-place time of 10:22.60 in the 1000 freestyle made him the Shoremen's 10th-fastest swimmer ever in that event.
- The Bullets were opening their season today; the Shoremen fell to 0-3 overall and 0-2 in conference meets.
- Gettysburg entered the final event, the 200 freestyle relay, as exhibition-only.
- Johnson was named the Goose Nation TV Shoremen Swimmer of the Meet.
11/7 @ Salisbury - 5 p.m.