Sullivan Wins Pair of Individual Events for Shoremen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting York College won nine of 14 events en route to a 138-124 win over host Washington College in a non-conference swim meet this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center.
York 138, Washington College 124
- Aidan Sullivan won two events for the Shoremen, claiming the 200 freestyle in 1:46.49 and the 100 freestyle in 48.20. He was also second in the 200 individual medley in 1:59.10.
- Washington went one-two in both breaststroke events. Teague Sauter won the 100 breaststroke in 1:01.78, while Brett Edwards was second in 1:02.14. They reversed places in the 200 breaststroke as Edwards won that in 2:15.29, while Sauter was second in 2:17.79.
- Cody Weiler won the 50 freestyle for the Shoremen in 21.72.
- Leo Johnson and Andrew Feeley each had two second-place finishes. Johnson was second in the 1000 freestyle in 10:06.50 and in the 500 freestyle in 4:55.94. His third-place time of 1:59.82 in the 200 backstroke made him the Shoremen's eighth-fastest swimmer ever in that event. Feeley was second in the 100 backstroke in 55.74 and in the 200 backstroke in 1:57.51.
- Brendan Jones placed second in the 200 butterfly in 2:01.24, while Seth Wrigley was second in the 100 butterfly in 53.81.
- The Spartans improved to 5-2 with the win, while the Shoremen slipped to 3-4 with the loss.
- Sullivan was named the Goose Nation TV Shoremen Swimmer of the Meet.
Up Next for the Shoremen
1/13 @ Catholic - 1:00 p.m.