Shoremen Break Pool Record in 200 Freestyle Relay
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — 24th-ranked Swarthmore College stayed unbeaten this season with a 111-94 win over host Washington College in Centennial Conference men's swimming action this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center.
#24 Swarthmore 111, Shoremen 94
- The Shoremen finished the meet by winning the 200 freestyle relay in a pool-record time. Cody Weiler, Jake Brown, Kevin Mackenzie, and Aidan Sullivan won the race in 1:27.26.
- Brown also won the 100 freestyle in 48.81 and was second in the 200 freestyle in 1:48.40. Brett Edwards won the 200 breaststroke in 2:12.54 to become the Shoremen's fifth-fastest swimmer ever in that event. Weiler won the 50 freestyle in 21.71.
- Leo Johnson turned in a second-place time of 10:15.62 in the 1000 freestyle to become the Shoremen's seventh-fastest swimmer ever in that event. His third-place time of 2:00.23 in the 200 backstroke made him the Shoremen's ninth-fastest swimmer ever in that event.
- Seth Wrigley was second in the 200 butterfly in 2:01.48, while Brendan Jones took second in the 500 freestyle in 4:56.11. Andrew Feeley was second in the 200 backstroke in 1:57.96
- The Garnet improved to 3-0 overall and 3-0 in conference meets with the win, while the Shoremen fell to 2-3 and 1-2 with the loss.
- Brown was named the Goose Nation TV Shoremen Swimmer of the Meet.
Up Next for the Shoremen
11/17 v. St. Mary's (Md.) - 6:00 p.m.