James Strine Scores in Loss for Shoremen
RADNOR, Pa. — Host Cabrini University rallied from an early deficit to post a 2-1 victory over visiting Washington College in men's soccer action this afternoon at Edith Robb Dixon Field.
Cabrini 2, Washington College 1
How It Happened
- James Strine recorded the first shot on goal of the game for the Shoremen in the sixth minute, but it was stopped by Cabrini goalkeeper Anthony Zampirri.
- James Strine put the Shoremen on the board when he had a shot blocked in the box that came right back to him before he buried the rebound into the net at the 11:45 mark.
- Washington's Ben Strine had a shot saved by Zampirri in the 25th minute, while Adam Chadam had one saved at the end of the 30th and Joe Mutscheller had one saved in the 37th.
- The Cavaliers evened the score when Andre Justin headed in a corner kick sent by Christopher Araujo at the 38:58 mark.
- Zampirri saved a shot by Greg Adams in the 64th minute, one by Kyle Gaeffke in the 68th, and one by Remy Kriz in the 69th to keep the score even at 1-1.
- The Cavaliers took the lead on a goal by Nick Booth off an assist from Kostas Slikas at 77:36.
- Zampirri turned away a shot by Adams in the 85th and another by James Strine in the 87th to keep Cabrini in front.
- A header by Adams went just over the goal near the end of the 89th minute to provide the Shoremen with their final scoring chance.
For the Shoremen (2-1)
- Scorers: Strine (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Gavin Campbell (0 saves, 2 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Shoremen finished with 22 shots and 10 corner kicks in the game.
For Cabrini (2-1)
- Scorers: Justin (goal), Booth (goal), Araujo (assist), Slikas (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Zampirri (10 saves, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
- The Cavaliers tallied seven shots and three corner kicks.
9/7 @ Eastern - 4:30 p.m.