CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting St. Mary's scored one goal in the first half and netted two scores in the second half on its way to a 3-0 win over host Washington College in a non-conference men's soccer match at Kibler Field at Roy Kirby Jr. Stadium on Wednesday evening. The Seahawks improve to 1-0-2 on the year, while the Shoremen fall to 2-1-0.
St. Mary's 3 Washington College 0
How It Happened
- St. Mary's scored the lone goal of the first half when Jacob Breslauer passed the ball to Juwan Kearson off of a free kick and Kearson launched a shot from 35 yards out that found the right side of the goal to give the Seahawks a 1-0 lead at the 20:29 mark.
- Washington had two good chances to tie it before halftime, but could not get the equalizer. Greg Adams had a shot on a two-on-one sail high with just under 15 minutes left and with 8:05 left a header by Matt Rannie off of a corner kick was saved by a Seahawks' defender.
- The Seahawks made it 2-0 at with 22:08 left in the second half when Josh McRobie received a pass from Breslauer and his shot found its way into the upper left corner of the goal.
- Khalid Balogun capped the scoring in the 85th minute when his shot from the left side 20 yards out found the lower left corner of the net with Issac Ekobo notching the assist.
For The Shoremen (2-1-0)
- Scoring: None
- Goalkeeper: Josh Samuels (3 saves, 3 goals allowed, 90:00)
- Washington had 15 shots and six corner kicks in the contest.
For St. Mary's (1-0-2)
- Scoring: Kearson (1 goal), McRobie (1 goal), Balogun (1 goal), Breslauer (2 assists), Ekobo (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Patrick Paolini (5 saves, 0 goals, 90:00)
- Seahawks took 15 shots and registered four corner kicks in the match.
- St. Mary's tallied one team save.
- Rannie was named Goose Nation TV Shoremen Player of the Game.
9/8 @ Randolph – 4:00 p.m. (Non-Conference Match)
- First all-time meeting between the two schools in men's soccer.