PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — The Washington College men's rowing team competed in three events today at the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta in Philadelphia.
Head of the Schuylkill
How It Happened
- Washington's varsity eight raced in the men's championship eights, placing 16th of 21 crews in 14:39.75, second only to 10th-place Ithaca (14:11.776) among crews from Division III schools. Two of the top three spots belonged to clubs - Vesper took first in 13:20.935, while The Gold Challenge Cup Foundation was third in 13:28.883. Second-place Penn was the highest collegiate finisher in the race with a time of 13:25.423.
- The Shoremen's junior varsity eight competed in the men's club championship eights, placing 40th of 47 crews in 16:18.364. Penn won the race in 13:36.251, Drexel was second in 13:52.525, and Virginia placed third in 13:54.360.
- The Shoremen's novices placed 22nd of 36 boats in the men's college frosh/novice eight in 16:56.557. They were the third-highest finishing boat in the race from a Division III school. Princeton won the race in 13:29.647, Drexel was second in 13:39.444, and Temple was third in 14:05.496.
Shoremen Boat Lineups
- Championship Eight: Alex Kincaid (coxswain), Chris Eggstein (stroke), Joe Stockburger (seven), Theo Aris (six), Samson Ramasamy (five), Daniel Benton (four), Evan Laking (three), Zee Ali (two), Matt Dimond (bow)
- Club Championship Eight: Jacob Yallof (coxswain), Nate Bonsib (stroke), Brett Van Hoven (seven), Andrew Castillo (six), Jeffrey Wrobel (five), Dre Harville (four), Brandon Toth (three), Tyler Buchanan (two), Tom Heffernan (bow)
- College Frosh/Novice Eight: Megan Fink (coxswain), Ryan Ferencz (stroke), Philip Whitehouse (seven), Brook Yimer (six), Cole Sander (five), Matt Underwood (four), Erik Whitcomb (three), Xaeza Olt (two), Brendan Looney (bow)
Up Next for the Shoremen
11/12 @ Frostbite Regatta (West Windsor, N.J.)