WORCESTER, Mass. — The Washington College men's rowing team raced for the second time in as many days on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, Mass., this morning as the Shoremen's three eights competed in WPI's Baker Cup.
How It Happened
- The Shoremen's first varsity eight placed third in its race in 6:03.51, less than three seconds behind second-place Tufts (6:00.59). WPI won the race in 5:56.89, while Skidmore was fourth in 6:13.92.
- Washington's second varsity eight placed third in 6:32.38, behind first-place WPI (6:06.82) and second-place Tufts (6:07.35).
- The Shoremen's third varsity eight finished fourth in its race in 6:54.09. A pair of Tufts boats took first and second in 6:22.93 and 6:27.93, respectively. WPI was third in 6:30.37.
Shoremen Boat Line-Ups
- First Varsity Eight: John Gould (coxswain), Zee Ali (stroke), Joe Stockburger (seven), Ian Briggs (six), Ryan Miranda (five), Chris Eggstein (four), Samson Ramasamy (three), Sean Haynie (two), Mark Boissonneault (bow)
- Second Varsity Eight: Alex Kincaid (coxswain), Daniel Benton (stroke), Matt Dimond (seven), John Bruno (six), T. Ian Flinn (five), Cody Bistline (four), Jeffrey Wrobel (three), Brett Van Hoven (two), Lee Potter (bow)
- Third Varsity Eight: Jacob Yallof (coxswain), Nate Bonsib (stroke), Ethan Grugan (seven), Teddy Connell (six), Jack Despeaux (five), Ethan LaLumia (four), Tom Heffernan (three), Andrew Walters (two), Brandon Toth (bow)
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/30 @ Mid-Atlantic Rowing Conference Championships (Lewisberry, Pa.)