WEST WINDSOR, N.J. — The Washington College men's rowing team closed out its fall regatta schedule at the Frostbite Regatta, a 2,000-meter sprint, today in West Windsor, N.J. The Shoremen's varsity eight finished second in its six-boat race to highlight Washington's racing.
How It Happened
- The Shoremen's varsity eight raced against five varsity eight crews from Division I schools and finished second in 6:07.030. Temple won the race in 5:55.860, Colgate was third in 6:20.090, Lafayette was fourth in 6:24.250, Loyola fifth in 6:26.630, and Maryland sixth in 6:38.900.
- The Shoremen's novice eight also raced against five crews from Division I schools and took third in 7:05.710. Loyola won that novice race in 6:51.810, followed by Temple (6:52.690) in second, Maryland (7:14.250) in fourth, Lafayette (7:27.300) in fifth, and Binghamton (8:12.890) in sixth.
- The Shoremen's junior varsity eight was fourth of six boats in its race in 6:43.690. Ithaca won the race in 6:28.980, New York Maritime second in 6:31.800, Temple third in 6:36.950, Scranton fifth in 7:02.410, and Maryland sixth in 7:17.320.
Shoremen Boat Line-Ups
- Varsity Eight: John Gould (coxswain), Zee Ali (stroke), Joe Stockburger (seven), Ian Briggs (six), Ryan Miranda (five), John Bruno (four), Samson Ramasamy (three), Chris Eggstein (two), Matt Dimond (bow).
- Junior Varsity Eight: Kelly Valette (coxswain), Ethan Lalumia (stroke), Ethan Grugan (seven), Teddy Connell (six), Jeffrey Wrobel (five), Daniel Benton (four), Nate Bonsib (three), Lee Potter (two), Brandon Toth (bow).
- Frosh/Novice Eight: Alex Kincaid (coxswain), Brett Van Hoven (stroke), Jack Despeaux (seven), Andrew Walters (six), Nick Misata (five), Cody Bistline (four), Trevor Odenath (three), Tyler Buchanan (two), Chuck Marchesani (bow).