HAVERFORD, Pa. — Host Haverford College held visiting Washington College to 28% shooting from the field en route to a 67-50 Centennial Conference men's basketball victory over the Shoremen tonight in Haverford, Pa.
Haverford 67, Washington College 50
How It Happened
- The Fords used a 10-0 run to turn a 12-8 lead into a 22-8 advantage on a pair of Jack Cork free throws with 11:14 remaining in the first half. The Shoremen scored the next eight points, including six on back-to-back three-pointers by Jack Greer, to close the gap to 22-16.
- The Fords out-scored the Shoremen, 13-7, the rest of the half to bring a 35-23 lead into halftime. Washington shot just 7-for-27 from the field in the first half, including 3-for-14 from inside the three-point line.
- Haverford used five unanswered points early in the second half to open up its biggest lead of the game at that point at 40-25 on a Jesse Turkson lay-up with 16:46 remaining.
- A 12-0 Haverford run later in the half blew the game open as a Joe Scibelli jumper with 8:32 to play gave the Fords a sizable 57-35 advantage. The Fords led by at least 16 points the rest of the way.
For the Shoremen (2-4, 0-2 Centennial Conference)
- Greer (8 points); Austin Allen (8 points), Tas Dixon (5 assists)
- Washington shot 15-for-53 from the field, 6-for-21 from three-point range, and 14-for-26 from the foul line.
For Haverford (3-3, 1-1 Centennial Conference) 2-3, 0-1
- Kahlil Garnes (21 points); Scibelli (17 points, 10 rebounds); Turkson (11 points, 13 rebounds, 4 steals, 2 blocks)
- Haverford shot 24-for-51 from the field, 5-for-12 from three, and 12-for-20 at the free-throw line.
- The Fords held a 45-31 rebounding advantage.
Up Next for the Shoremen
12/2 @ Gettysburg - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)