Zapcic Makes 15 Saves, Heap Scores for Shorewomen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting 12th-ranked Ursinus College scored the first two goals of the game and held on for a 2-1 Centennial Conference field hockey win over host Washington College tonight on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
#12 Ursinus 2, Washington College 1
How It Happened
- The Bears held an 8-1 advantage in shots in the first quarter, recording six penalty corners in the period.
- Gemma Dufoe got Ursinus on the scoreboard with 8:20 left in the second quarter when she scored on a rebound. Ursinus held a 9-1 shot advantage in shots in the second quarter and recorded four penalty corners.
- Erin Saybolt upped the lead to 2-0 with a goal with 20 seconds remaining in the third quarter, dribbling just inside the circle after a restart and blasting a shot into the back of the cage. Ursinus had all three shots and both penalty corners recorded in the third quarter.
- The Shorewomen scored with 11:27 left in the fourth quarter as Kyra Heap scored in front of the goal off an assist from Jillian Brejnik. The Bears held a 3-1 advantage in shots in the quarter and had two penalty corners in the period.
For the Shorewomen (4-11, 2-7 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Heap (goal), Brejnik (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Kayla Zapcic (15 saves, 2 goals allowed, 60:00)
For Ursinus (10-6, 6-3 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Dufoe (goal), Saybolt (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Addie Frey (0 saves, 1 goal allowed, 60:00)
- Heap was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
11/3 @ Muhlennberg - 7:30 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)